Visitor
Accepted Solution

"Failed to receive broadcast" message on screen of Sharp 19" flat screen

So my DTA was activated several days ago and I've spent countless hours on the phone with Comcast support; they keep trying to activate the box (it's been activated for days now); the light is solid green, and if I connect it up to my other old-style TVs it works fine.  Clearly it's something to do with this TV, or the fact that it's a new-ish TV.  It's a Sharp 19" LC-19SB14U.
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: "Failed to receive broadcast" message on screen of Sharp 19" flat screen

So you probably are not getting the DTA menu either? 

Next step is on the TV to do a rescan of channels, you need to have the TV scan & find analog channel 3 or 4 (whatever the little switch is set for), which is the output of the DTA box.  Once you have the analog channel found on the TV, then it should find the output of the DTA box, and tune it in.

Visitor

Re: "Failed to receive broadcast" message on screen of Sharp 19" flat screen

Thanks for the response and suggestion.  I did a rescan last night for analog stations after changing the cable from STD to HRC, just for the heck of it.  Not sure which worked or if it was a combination of the two changes, but now I'm good to go.  Now I just have to figure out how to hide the stupid DTA box.  Thanks Comcast.