New Visitor
ktmcee
Accepted Solution

ref code S0a00

Way too often I am given the message "one moment please with ref code S0a00". It usually occurs around prime time and on the same few channels.  I have called tech support multiple times and they sent a signal through or something but this is starting to occur on a daily basis.  How do I fix this for good?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: ref code S0a00

[ Edited ]

The S0A00 error is caused by a poor signal at the TV outlet.

Check for loose F connectors on the coax at the back of the box, the TV outlet  and any accessable splitters.  The issue can be outside with a damaged drop cable, loose / corrorded / wet fittins or other coax issues from the pole / ped to the house or upstream into Comcast's RF portion of the plant. 

Please contact Comcast support and insist on a tech visit.  The tech will have the proper test equipment to find and fix the issue.  Sending a signal by a CSR doesn't do anything for poor signal issues.

Excessive splitting in the home will cause marginal signal issues like this.  If there are any splitters that can be removed, that will increase the signal to the remaining TV outlets.

New Visitor
cablemable

Okay, I fixed mine.  We had the same thing going on here and it happened at the WORST time ever (my husband ending up running to Target to get rabbit ears so he could watch football!)  We couldn't get our local hd channels and kept getting the "ref s0a00". Tried new cables inside but I ended up changing out an outside connection.  Now I didn't shimmy up a pole but I did change the cable and joiner.  The corrosion was the culprit.  It looked pretty old too.

We've only had comcast for a couple of months....gee, you would have thought they'd at least put new cable and connections on.                               -a mere housewife

Visitor
Rhenda

Thanks for the help! My HDMI cable was just a little loose. It caused intermittent errors.
New Visitor
Ricgill

I had the same issue.  I unplugged the power then plugged it back in.  It works.  Seems like the easiest fix.

Visitor
hmin2012

In my case, I made the SoAoo error flag go away by doing both:

1.  Check all in-house cables; I was suspicious of the new type of cable between my wall outlet and the comcast box, so I changed it with an older style cable that I knew worked fine on another TV.

2.  I unplugged the power cable from the back of the comcast box and waited 15 seconds (possibly very important step) for everything to reset then plugged it back in.  The box then went through some reset steps of its own and everything eventually came back on with no more error flag (the message icon light on my box stayed off). The channel list on my remote control was last to return and took about 10 minutes.

Visitor
hmin2012

Correction, the message icon is lit again on my box although all the channels seem to be working okay and there are no more SoAoo tags...but there's a lot of channels in my lineup and I'm not gonna check every single one. 

Does anyone know what that message icon (looks like an envelope) lighting up on my box means? I thought it was a flag that something was wrong with the connections...it does not help that the box Comcast sent me is not on the list of

New Visitor
anitaomoore

I have checked all inside wiring. TV works sometimes. But message came on in middle of a show last night and is still on. What else can I do?

New Visitor
anitaomoore

I will try that again.