New Visitor
Accepted Solution

ref code S0a00

internet is working great, but my tv is giving me the "one moment please" issue.  could it be a signal issue or has the box taken a holiday for good?

New Visitor

Re: ref code S0a00

i should mention i have unplugged the box twice for a good minute or two and checked all connections even though they havent been an issue before. all nice and tight.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

It could be the box, but rarely is. 

Check that all your F connectors are snug at all points, the back of the box, at the TV outlet, and any splitters.  Check the condition of the coax jumpers that they are attached well and not loose, and the center conductor is just sticking out past the end of the connector.  Make sure you are not routing your coax cables through any AC surge protector strips.

Otherwise it most likely is an issue outside with loose/corroded/wed fittings, drop cable damage, failing splitters, or upstream into Comcast plant.  It could also be an issue with inside wiring and splitters if there has been any recent changes to the inside coxial wiring.

Best thing after checking the fundamentals, is to call Comcast support, they will probably try and send a signal to the box first, then should dispatch a tech out to find and fix the issue. 

New Visitor

thank you for your timely response.  i will check all connections that i know of, but i think im going to have to call up the CS for this one.  nasty day outside and i want to watch some recorded stuff, but noooooo, i cant. lol. of all the days.        sorry for the whining.

thanks again. cheers.

New Visitor

I am having the exact same issue with ALL 5 cable boxes and I did the same thing you did with the plugging and unplugging. If that is the case I shouldn't have problems with all my cable boxes.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

meek

You should call Comast support and they will need to send out a tech to find and fix your signal issues which is most likely outside.

New Visitor
kito311

Hi all. I have been receiving the same ref code for the past day. Techs have tried everything they could over the phone with no success. Tech is coming to the house tomorrow. Where do you all live that are having issues? I live in Newton,Ma
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

kito311 wrote:
Hi all. I have been receiving the same ref code for the past day. Techs have tried everything they could over the phone with no success. Tech is coming to the house tomorrow. Where do you all live that are having issues? I live in Newton,Ma

kito

Most of these type of issues are very close to your home within the last 200', more likely between the pole / pedestal and your TV outlets, and can be drop cable damage, loose / corrorded / wet fittings, or inside with splitter and fitting issues.

New Visitor
NDGely

After trying resetting the box make sure you are not past due on your bill. I noticed when your account reaches a specific dollar amount this  ref code will occur.

New Visitor
somaamos

In my case, scheduled recordings were failing and the recorded channel was giving the S0a00 error... in that scenario it probably means one of the two tuners is blown and a new DVR is needed. Which turned out to be true for me.

New Visitor
Bethao

Tried it all. Reset, call technicians. Still happens. I thinks it's a cocast issue with the bandwidth and they aren't admitting to it. It happens mostly at night when there is a lot of usage. I wish they would probe me wrong. Still not working.
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Bethao wrote:
Tried it all. Reset, call technicians. Still happens. I thinks it's a cocast issue with the bandwidth and they aren't admitting to it. It happens mostly at night when there is a lot of usage. I wish they would probe me wrong. Still not working.

If you getting S0A00 errors, that means you have signal issues, most likely coming into the house, and only a tech visit can fix it.

If you haven't contacted Comcast support, you need to call it in.  If you already have had contact with Comcast support and tech visits out, then post back and it can be escalated.

TV signals are simulcast to everyone at the same time, you can't have bandwidth issues because of too much TV useage, it is impossible.

You can be having signal issues due to a damaged drop cable, loose / corrorded / wet fittings or other issues with the coax cable, splitters, or upstream into Comcast's RF portion of the plant.

Call for a tech to come out.

Regular Visitor

Same problems for me in the Coon Rapids area.
New Visitor
Bethao

They have been out. Three times. Cables are all new and connectors as well. I wish fios wasn't so costly for multiple hd tv's.
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

fios is cheaper than comcast,  can you give an example of how fios is more expensive?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

This solved post was started in January.

Anyone with similar issues should first contact Comcast support, and if they have had a tech out and still having issues, each start a new post and it can be escalated.

This thread is now locked.