Visitor
maf5579

remote code for vizio soundbar VSB200

I'm trying to get the red select key remote AUX button to operate my VSB200 vizio soundbar.  There are no codes listed in the manual, and the code search method does not seem to be working.  Can anyone give me the code for this device? My HD/DVR receiver is a dct3412.  Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Re: remote code for vizio soundbar VSB200

bump

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

see this thread from may

DVR CABLE BOX AND NO SOUND

[ New ]

OK, here is some help for all those people who bought a VIZIO SOUND BAR for their HD TV and lost thier sound.  I have a comcast DVR MOTOROLA DX3400.  I hooked up a HMDI CABLE and ended up with the lights flashing errors on my soundbar and NO SOUND.

YOU HAVE TO PUT THE CABLEBOX DVR ON PCM.  you would also have to do this for any sound system besides tv speakers, because the HMDI CABLE RUNS THE SOUND AND THE VIDEO.  You would NOT HAVE TO CHANGE THIS SETTING if you are using the COMPONET OUT HOOKUP CABLE, because there is a separate RCA CABLE that runs the audio out.

HOW TO CHANGE TO PCM...

1. LEAVE YOUR TV ON

2. ON YOUR CABLE BOX REMOTE TURN OFF YOUR CABLE BOX

3. HOLD THE MENU BUTTON DOWN UNTIL THE FACE OF YOUR DVR SAYS 16:9

4. LET UP ON THE MENU BUTTON

5. PRESS AND HOLD THE MENU BUTTON AGAIN UNTIL YOU SEE A MENU COME UP ON YOUR TV.

6. SCROLL DOWN TO WHERE IT SAYS ADVANCED HMDI SETTINGS HIT ENTER

7. SCROLL DOWN TO SOUND AND HIT ENTER ON SETTING NAMED....  AUTO

8. THIS WILL TURN YOUR SETTING TO PCM.... THEN YOU WILL HAVE SOUND...

HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE... I KNOW IT HELPED MY COMCAST REPRESENATIVE... who started to tell me I had to hook up extra RCA CABLES ALONG WITH MY HMDI CABLE.... no not sooo....!!!!

wimmy

New Visitor
davey27

What do you mean "bump"?  Is there a five digit code that will control the Vizio soundbar from the Comcast remote?

New Visitor

Was anyone actually able to get the remote to control the volume? does it have to be a digital connection?

New Visitor

In the manual it is 31517 or 1517 but neither of these work for my comcast remote. I was hoping the digital connection might make a difference. 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

digital connection does not mean anything or the remote.  The remote is a basic remote to control basic functions.  I cant get it to control the volume on my yamaha receiver.  I have not seen anyone have a solution. 

New Visitor
Brewzinski

I have the same sound bar and the dark grey remote with the red OK button and just finished a marathon session with one of the Comcast chat representatives. None of the codes they suggested work and a tech will come to my house in two days. I hope he brings a remote with updated codes.

New Visitor
rmras

After much research, here is a step-by-step for getting your Vizio Soundbar to work with the Comcast remote using EFC codes (mine is the newer charcoal grey one, works great!)

Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 11144 (2 blinks)
Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 994 - Setup - 00169 - Vol Up - Should get 2 blinks
Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 994 - Setup - 00168 - Vol Down - Should get 2 blinks
Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 994 - Setup - 00037 - Mute - Should get 2 blinks
Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 994 - Setup - 00165 - Power - Should get 2 blinks
Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 994 - Setup - 00164 - Input - Should get 2 blinks

These are optional, I didn't use them:
Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 994 - Setup - 00036 - <button to use for TVOL> - Should get 2 blinks
Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 994 - Setup - 00101 - <button to use for TSHD> - Should get 2 blinks

Then set the volume control on the remote and other settings according to the Remote's manual.

ENJOY!! Hope this helps someone...

New Visitor
noons

Thank you! Worked fabulously; love the smart ones.

New Visitor
Mr_Weapons51

Thanks for the codes! Worked perfectly. Now I don't have to worry about losing that really small remote that vision gives ya.
Visitor
maf5579

I can't believe you figured this all out! Thanks so much...it worked perfectly!!!
New Visitor
bgray5267

Darn, I was so excited that finally I could pair my Vizio soundbar with my Comcast remote (model with the gray ok/select button).  Alas, it didn't work for me.  The very first step "Aux-Setup (2 blinks) - 11144 (2 blinks)" didn't work.  Maybe it's due to my remote model type.

Visitor
mrjondon

New Visitor
tantien

Thank you SO much for this tip! It works perfectly for my remote with the red OK/Select button. You ROCK sir. :smileygrin:

New Visitor
khdaniels

With the above mentioned functions input, do you find that it will power the soundbar on and off with the comcast remote? I like that my comcast remote will power on and off the TV and cable box at the time time (sometimes it doesnt so I just hit the off button on the TV) but want it to power the soundbar off as well.

New Visitor
madooroy

Yes. So long as your remote is pointed towards the devices, they all power on or off with the red power button.

khdaniels wrote:

With the above mentioned functions input, do you find that it will power the soundbar on and off with the comcast remote? I like that my comcast remote will power on and off the TV and cable box at the time time (sometimes it doesnt so I just hit the off button on the TV) but want it to power the soundbar off as well.

New Visitor
madooroy

BTW, for those of you that had difficulties, make sure to press and hold the select button the first time in each line until the light flashes red twice.
Visitor
mrjondon

After applying the above programming to the remote.

Pressing "ALL ON" on the Comcast Remote turns on/off;

The Cable Box

The Vizio TV

The Vizio Soundbar

If you do the last 2 steps you can control the Soundbar:

Inputs

TVOL & TSHD

New Visitor
khdaniels

oh and just to make sure, you are plugging your vizio soundbar directly into the cable box correct, as opposed to the tv itself? I tried plugging mine into the TV but can't seem to get it to work (maybe I just dont have the right settings for the sound setup, so I had muted the tv speakers and had this plugged into the cable box itself.

Other question: Did anyone find any difference in quality as with the optical cable compared to the rca?

Visitor
mrjondon

The Optical audio goes to the Cable Box. This way I can turn the TV off while listening to the music channels.

The Analog (RCA) goes to the TV with the TV speaker OFF and the output FIXED. I do this so that the volume of commercials doesn't change significently from the programing.

I was somewhat surprised yesterday while watching the golf match on, I think it was NBC. The surround sound was of equal quality using either the Optical or Analog inputs to the soundbar.

New Visitor
rjschmon

Has anyone found out how to control the subwoofer volume on the VSB210??? 

New Visitor
surfwax

[ Edited ]

HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE???!!!   This is genius, RMRAS!

I don't know what rog734857548901-4587 was getting at earlier in the post, but your solution was SPOT ON!

*Note - When entering each number/code sequence line-by-line, as instructed by rmras, it seems like you are reseting the controller each time after you hit AUX and then hold SETUP to get the two blinks, but this does not reset the controller configuration sequence.  I guess it allows you to modify each specific button's frequency and function.

ANYHOO....RMRAS just made me look like a genius to my family who I'm installing this for.  Mad props.

New Visitor
tantien

Posted to Amazon's listing for the Vizio as well! :smileyhappy:

Very well done and Thank you!

New Visitor
redneck707

thanks for the codes works like a champ

New Visitor
FatStefano

A.W.E.S.O.M.E - remember to hold down select.  I only cared about the volume up and down, so it WORKS GREAT.  No more little remote and don't care about the power button since I have the bar connected to a surge that kills power once TV is off (DVR stays on though, gotta record those shows...).

Thanks for the tip!

New Visitor
rmras

UPDATE

To get the subwoofer volume control to work, try these codes:

00105 Sub Down 
00040 Sub Up

Add two more steps and replace the 5-digit EFC code in my previous post with those, and of course you'll have to pick a button to assign them to since the comcast remote doesnt have those buttons. You may have to try a few different buttons, i don't imagine all of the remote buttons are programmable.

Glad i could help!

Rick

New Visitor
tantien

Thanks again Rick! Posted in an update to Amazon. :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
Psgetti

FANTASTIC WORK! Worked like a charm. Thanks for taking the time to post. My wife is very relieved, which means I am too!

New Visitor
jejm

Amazing! Thanks for the info. It works for Vizio VHT215 too.

Regular Contributor
carmichalski01

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!!

my remote just stopped working about 10 minutes ago. its not the battery cause a new battery didnt make it work, I was so mad. i started looking for a remote code.

YES! a code that works for the comcast remote + has a range unequalled by that junky 3 inch signal strength (seems like that is all that vizio remote could handle). now i dont need to stretch almost all the way over to the sound bar just to lower/raise the volume anymore!.

THANK YO SO MUCH TO THE ORIGINAL CODE POSTER!!!!!!

New Visitor
Brando586

thanks this worked great!!!!! just a quick question. if i hit cable instead of aux during programing can i still control the comcast box and the sound bar? if not no big deal just happy i dont have to use that little remote any more.

thanks,

Brandon

New Visitor
dz6kn3

Does not work for me. I have tried everything i could think of. The Vizio manual states the code for the sound bar is 31517 or 1517. I am thinking

my comcast remote does not work with the sound bar. I have the xfinity light grey remote. Frustration!! 

New Visitor
JCinMI

First off I have a dark grey remote with red OK button.

You show the Vizio vsb200 codes as:

Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 11144 (2 blinks)
Aux - Setup (2 blinks) - 994 - Setup - 00169 - Vol Up - Should get 2 blinks

After the 11144 code do I enter each additional code the same as I typed below?

Aux - Setup (2 blinks), then enter 994, push Setup, enter 00###, then I should get 2 blinks? 

If so, then I cannot use these codes because after I enter the 994 I get 2 blinks, pushing Setup and entering 00### gets me nothing.

Thanks

New Visitor
cardinal224

All,

i have the platium remote, red ok button, and i have set up all the codes except the input one. not sure i'll ever need to change that. i have the bar, 210sw, connected to tv via optical. the codes worked but i have to push the aux button and then do the sound and then push the cable button to change channels. is this the only way? did i do something wrong? I hope I don't have to keep flippin back and forth from the aux button to cable button but it is what it is if i have to.

thanks in advance,

Scott.

New Visitor
ogtrekky

Awesome!!  All codes work great!!!  Thank you so much!!  :smileygrin:

Contributor

How do I clear these out of the remote. My wife doesn't like having the All On button powering on / off the sound bar.
Regular Contributor

Try changing the AUX button code to something(TV) you don't own.

New Visitor
nicksteel

Sony KDL55BX520 BRAVIA LCD HDTV
Vizio VSB200-B  Soundbar (connected to Comcast box)

Codes above worked.

Is there any way to code the comcast remote so that I don't have to press Aux to control the soundbar?  I would 
like to integrate the codes so that the remote (not on Aux) works as normal, but controls mute and the vol of the soundbar, not the TV (TV speakers set off). Just want ultra simple controls that, in effect, replace my TV speakers with the Soundbar and don't require pressing Aux for soundbar and having to switch back for other functions.

New Visitor
nicksteel

Also,  the soundbar works on the cable box red/white wires, but not on optical cable.  I have do not have Comcast HDTV.

I have tried the optical cable on both the cable box and tv-out (tv speakers off) and tried setting cable box to L-PCM.  Cycled through the soundbar inputs. Have red light on end of cable.

Sony KDL55BX520 BRAVIA LCD HDTV
Comcast RNG110
Vizio VSB200-B  Soundbar

New Visitor
Jim-scientist

Follow the instructions or link below to lock the vol setting to the Aux button, then you don't have to hit the Aux button to change volume and cable button to change channels. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Programming_the_Remote#Volume_Lock Global Volume Lock will force the volume and mute keys to be controlled by one device. Press and hold the "Setup" key until a device key blinks twice. Type in the code 993. A device key should blink twice. Press and release the device key for the device you want the volume locked to. You will get two blinks if the lock is successful.
New Visitor
Jim-scientist

Btw thanks to the original poster on the codes, they worked great!
New Visitor
New Visitor
RB7

Great! Works!

Love Smart People!

Well Done!

New Visitor
Nitehawk77

Awesome!!! Thanks for taking the time to post the step by step. Worked perfectly! Saved me buying a replacement remote from vizio!!
New Visitor
mmotts

Thanks so much. My only issue is whe I press the volume button to lower volume ( - sign), the mode of the sound changes and does nothing for volume. The + button increases volume correctly. Does anyone else have that problem? 

New Visitor
rbotts62

The remote codes work great Thanks for the help

New Visitor
rbotts62

Thanks Rick the codes worked Great and Thanks Jim yours finished the job

New Visitor
keatss

This also worked for the silver with red button. Thanks very much. I will also give to Vizio as they do not know it!!

New Visitor
alezDa

You are awesome! I woke up this morning to find that I completely lost my teeny tiny visio remote. Now, I dont have to worry. I thank you and my wife thanks you  (for the one less remote sitting on my coffee table)

New Visitor
PatrickUSMC

Re: remote code for vizio sandbar VSB200

THANK YOU.  My 11 month old son lost the remote and now we can change the volume again.  Thank you