New Visitor
Pauly55

remote codes for Harmontec dv-105 dvd

Trying to get my remote to work my old dvd player. Is there a search mode built in to the remote that will make it search for the correct code? My remote is the one with the red button in center.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Re: remote codes for Harmontec dv-105 dvd

If you have one of the "classic" Comcast/Xfinity three device remotes:

Searching For Codes

1. Turn on the DVD player.
  2. On the remote press and release AUX. Then press and hold SETUP until AUX blinks twice, then release SETUP.
  3. Enter  9 9 1.  AUX will blink twice.
  4. Press and release 2. AUX will blink twice. (Press 0 for Cable, 1 for TV, 2 for DVD or VCR, 3 for Audio)
  5. Press and release Power.
  6. Aim the remote at the DVD player and press CH+ until the player turns off. (The remote will send IR codes from its library, starting with the most popular code)
  7. When the player turns off press SETUP once to lock in the code. AUX will blink twice.

Checking Codes

To find out which five-digit code was selected:

1. On the remote press and release AUX. Then press and hold SETUP until AUX blinks twice, then release SETUP.
  2. Enter  9  9  0.  AUX will blink twice.
  3. To view the code for the first digit, press 1 and count the number of times AUX blinks (no blink = 0).
  4. Repeat step 3 for the remaining digits: press 2 for the second digit, 3 for the third, 4 for the fourth, and 5 for the fifth.