Bronze Star Contributor
ebow
Accepted Solution

set favorite channels on X1 set top box?

I just got Comcast, and have an HD-DVR (PX001ANM). Apparently I have "X1", which looks great but seems to be missing some typical functions.

How can I set favorite channels via my set-top DVR hardware? I set them through the web interface hoping they would tranfer over, but that's not the case. I cannot find any controls to do this through the TV interface, but when viewing the guide I do see an option for filtering the guide by favorites. That is disabled at the moment, I assume because I haven't set any favorites. 

So can this be done? Or is it not yet implemented? Or will it never be implemented (if so, shame on Comcast). 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: set favorite channels on X1 set top box?

this is the only thing currently I know that gives any info on the x1, it does not say anything about favorites though, that may have been left off the list with the ability to go forward days in the guide and the box being able to tell you if you schedule two things at once, currently there is no conflict notice if you try to do that.  Note this box is not fully run thorough its paces yet many have complained that although the guide finally is in the 20th century it lacks the most basic features that the 10 year old boxes have. 

http://xfinity.comcast.net/x1/#search_container

Bronze Star Contributor
ebow

Thanks for taking the time to reply, though I pretty much knew all that from searching around these forums. At least I'm not missing something obvious. I really want to like X1 but it has some glaring shortcomings. 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

I totally agree with you.  I was excited for it to come to my market, but now that it is getting put out there and I read what others are saying, I am not going near it until they get it to work at least as good as my motorola box, having an hd guide is not that important to me I want a box that works.

Bronze Star Contributor
ebow

I saw this deep in some other thread, tried it out, and it works on my box: 

1. Go to the full-screen guide
  2. On the channel you want to set as a favorite, press the remote's left arrow button to highlight the channel name
  3. Press the Info button
  4. On the channel info screen, select and click the on-screen button for "favorite"
  5. Press the remote's left arrow button to get back to the guide
  6. Repeat

It's pretty tedious, but it works. I really wish the favorites set on the web would sync to the TV, and vice versa. I mean, they pitch X1 as a multi-device platform, so... 

New Visitor
DFT508

To follow up on this thread, the next logical progression is to "flip by favorites" using the remote. Once you have established your favorite channels, then the remote should be progrmmed so when you push "Cannel Up" or "Channel Down," you only see the channels you want. However, I cannot find a way to do that. Any help?

New Visitor

go to the full guide hit the yellow button which is the filter button and select favorites and then click ok.  you will now see just your favorites in the guide until you go back to the filter and uncheck favorites

Bronze Problem Solver
C_DM

jfl1n1 wrote:

go to the full guide hit the yellow button which is the filter button and select favorites and then click ok.  you will now see just your favorites in the guide until you go back to the filter and uncheck favorites

Or some time passes (I think either 1.5 hours or 3 hours) and the guide gets back to its unfiltered state.

Regular Contributor

When you have 2 x1 dvr's do the favorites get shared?  On my 2 units they are shared.

New Visitor
hohjoe

How do I setup favorite channels on the X1 with a XR2 remote? If I go to the filter the Favorite box is greyed out and isn't selectable.

Bronze Problem Solver
C_DM

hohjoe wrote:

How do I setup favorite channels on the X1 with a XR2 remote? If I go to the filter the Favorite box is greyed out and isn't selectable.

Take a look at the earlier replies in this thread and you will see how it can be done.