New Visitor

strange remote issue with Westinghouse LCD

Just purchased a Westinghouse LCD TV. Looked up the codes and found the correct code. All was well, or so I thought. To power on or off the TV, I need to hit the TV button and then the power button. The 'all on'  button will not power the TV. Makes no sense to me because that button just cycles through the devices. Live chat was absolutely no help. Eventried another remote to no avail. Any ideas?
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: strange remote issue with Westinghouse LCD

I suggest not using the "All On" button.
Regular Problem Solver

[ Edited ]

joycesw wrote:
Just purchased a Westinghouse LCD TV. Looked up the codes and found the correct code. All was well, or so I thought. To power on or off the TV, I need to hit the TV button and then the power button. The 'all on'  button will not power the TV. Makes no sense to me because that button just cycles through the devices. Live chat was absolutely no help. Eventried another remote to no avail. Any ideas?

Try using another code.  Sometimes the first code found doesn't provide all the needed functionality.  These are the codes I found: 10885, 11577, 10890, 10889, 11282, 10451, 10000

Also, check the remote battery.  On my remote when the battery is low ALL ON flashes the light on the remote but the tv does not come on.

Message Edited by omcleod on 11-28-2009 05:46 PM
New Visitor
born2trance

[ Edited ]

i just bought a westinghouse 46" lcd model # VR-4625 and none of the 7 remote codes listed in the codes book or online will program my comcast remote to power on/off the tv or change the volume. i have tried 2 different comcast remotes [grey with the red ok button] but still it is not working, and i even went today to get a new remote with new fresh batteries. i am on live chat right now trying to figure this out. i have tried unlocking my remote with the 993 code and the 994 code, as the agent told me to do, but still nothing. I have tried these codes: 10885, 11577, 10889, 10890, 11282, 10451, 10000. it's GOT to be an issue with the software of the remote and westinghouse brand tvs. the remote that came with the tv works but it's annoying to have to use 2 remotes, and even worse that it seems like comcast remotes aren't even compatible with westinghouse tvs.

is anyone else with this brand or model tv experiencing this problem?

New Visitor
born2trance

I found that the code 11178 for LG tvs works! my power on/off tv button and volume now work on my comcast remote for the westinghouse tv.

looks like comcast needs to change their code listing.

New Visitor
Eklee4

On the Westinghouse VR-46325 code 11240 works.

New Visitor

I got a LCD Westinghouse television VR-4625. Used the codes for the remote that Comcast provided. Didn't work with volume, on,off, or mute. Called Comcast, no help. Searched online.....these codes worked. Remote with grey "ok" button.....0178 Remote with red "ok" button.....11265 Hope this helps.
New Visitor
bigcable

Video Repair Rep Here for Comcast. Westing house code that works is 11240

New Visitor
abchelp

Just got a Westinghouse TV. The remote won't program with ANY of the codes comcast listed. Called Comcast they said to return the remote. Read thread on RemoteCentral.com, apparently some of the Sony and Samsung codes work. My programmed with 10178 the first one I tried. Maybe Comcast could update their codes for their customers so we don't have to go searching the web to figure out how to work their equipment.

New Visitor
Mike84

Hi i just got a westinghouse LCD tv also and my comcast remote wont even work witht he cable box while the TV is on.  I can change channels and what not while the TV is off but it seems the signal from the remote to the cable box wont work with the TV on.  I also could not not successfuly program the remote to the TV.  Any ideas?

New Visitor
Mike84

The code 11240 worked to program the remote to the TV but i still cannot control the cable box while the TV is on.

New Visitor
Shish

Cable Box does not respond while westinghouse tv on

Any body knows what could cause the cable box to not respond while the westinghouse tv is on, and as soon as tv is off, cable box then responds
New Visitor
Shish

Having same issue as mike84
New Visitor
Shish

Any solutions???
New Visitor
Shish

Ok i just figured out the problem of box not responding while tv is on. I put the box underneath the table where tv is on, which probably blocks signal coming from tv. It works perfectly now. I guess the signal from the tv somehow interferes with the signal going to the box. Put a barrier between box and tv and problem gpes away. I got the westimghouse vr-5525z. I used the 11240 code for remote and it works to control tv.
Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

There was a report here about Viso being on, caused Remote not to work with Comcast cable box.  Something to do with the backlight LED interfering with the remote's signal?

New Visitor
N_C_B

Same issue with same TV.  Don't bother buying a Logitech Harmony Remote - that is actually worse than the Comcast remote because the power button doesn't even work.

Any resolution yet?

New Visitor
wtawil

I had the same problems for model VR-4625 46'' LCD. None of the codes on the comcast web worked. I found 11265 and 11240 however they did not completely control the TV. Then I found this code 10178 which works okay. I think comcast should address this issues.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Some newer LCD TV sets can interfere with the remote control frequencies when they warm up. You may need to adjust the TV set's backlighting setting, check your TV’s manual for how to do that.

New Visitor
Kikiki

This one works for the Westinghouse LED LCD 40" TV, Model LD-4055, THANKS!

New Visitor
markinsf

bigcable wrote:

Video Repair Rep Here for Comcast. Westing house code that works is 11240

This code works with the "All on" button on my Westinghouse VR-3730. Other codes work, but now with the "All on" button.

Contributor
Cable_Dude

When the remote stops working with the TV on, but remote works with TV off, the problem is IR interference from the TV. Try adjusting the picture quality or turning off different video features until the problem is resolved. Otherwise you must shield the cable box from the TV screen like under a shelf or the like.

Visitor

Did you ever get this resolved?  i'm having same problem with a new Westinghouse TV that I bought because I was having this same problem on my old Panasonic tv.....The Panasonic had been working fine with the DTA remote for several months, but quit responding to the Xfinity remote unexpectedly.  Comcast told me the DTA was bad and to exchange it for a new at the local office...which I did, and even with a new DTA and new remote, the Panasonic still would not turn on/off with remote.  Comcast then said problem was with my TV, which is why I bought the new Westinghouse.  I donated the Panasonic to a charity because it still worked fine, except for the Xfinity remote control problem.  Now I find myself with the same problem, and a new TV.  Is there any help out there?

New Visitor
jacobkrumm

This code worked for my LCD Westinghouse as well.

New Visitor
Pete-Mac

I have a 55 inch Westimghouse lcd and I'm having the same problem. I put cardboard over the cake box and it seems to work abetted but not like it should. What did you use and where it you move the box too? Thank you pete

New Visitor
sans369

Had the same problem with my remote non of the codes listed by Comcast worked for my Westinghouse tv BUT 11178 did work! Thank you thank you

New Visitor
biddy74

Finally found the correct code for Comcast remote.  Westinghouse EW37S5KW    10812

New Visitor
edward25

THANK YOU!!!!! Was looking for a code for my westinghouse led tv & no westinghouse codes worked at all.

New Visitor
Nitalarbralatin

Hi

Thanks a bunch for the code 10812!  It worked perfectly for my new EW37S5KW.

New Visitor
Gocubs25

Am going crazy!  Have tried apx. 16 codes. Maybe 4-5 of them will allow me to change volume, channel and turn T-V off. BUT won't let me turn it back ON! What gives?

Bronze Problem Solver
manamok

New Visitor
TFM1960

Using the LG code 11178 worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip. I had tried all the Westinghouse and White Westinghouse codes as well as the code search feature to no avail.

New Visitor
JHowder

My Westinghouse T.V. programmed somewhat. The mute button turns it on/off. The volume button is the 4 button the channel nitro is the five button. I called Westinghouse and they were no help. Took my name and number and said someone would contact me. If someone know how to change the input to HDMI on the comcast remote that would be great.
New Visitor
Gocubs25

yes...with both remotes

Official Employee
ComcastPeteMcD

Try the code 11100
New Visitor
GMP22

I cannot beleve it !!!!!! This worked with my XR2 remote from comcast! I also have westinghouse . I cannot thank you enough. 

Official Employee
ComcastPeteMcD

Haha yeah I know, took ALOT of digging to find it. Spread the word.