New Visitor
sbuchanan517

trouble with service

I am having the worst time attemping to install my xfinity comcast box. I work full time 9am to 6pm so I can only deal with the issues after 6pm. Yesterday evening I was on the phone for 5 hours after work attempting to activate my account. I called 7 different times and on one occasion had picture and sound. Each time wishing to activate my services. The guide shows up on my television but I have no picture or sound. I was told on serval different occaisions that the issue was with the billing department. I was told that the billing department had not put in my billing codes so the activation department could not start my service. This is so frustrating! Why do I as the customer have to deal with an issue that has nothing to do with me. All I want is cable! I have no idea if this complaint will reach the right person but I hope someone reads this and improves on this process. Now I wait unitl 6pm to go home and sit on the phone with comcast for another 5 hours. Hopefully I will have cable tonight. Sbuchanan517.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Re: trouble with service

You might try calling from work (trying to get billing to insure they have things set up correctly, and the have them try another activation (or wait until you get home and do an online activation)?  Or try the following:

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Contributor
larrywest209

Re: trouble with service

You should be thankful you can get someone who can help.  I spent about three hours total on the phone with Comcast "Customer Service" on Tuesday and because neither of the three different reps I spoke with did what they said they would, I will have to spend another frustrating day tomorrow on the phone with them.  The earliest I can get a service rep out is 10/19...almost two weeks from my initial call.  If the first person I spoke with had done what he said he was going to do, I would have at least been scheduled for 10/17.  I have to call them again tomorrow because no one from Comcast has contacted me as promised.  Then I will have to explain the entire thing all over again because they are not posting proper notes to my account no following up on anything.  Look for an update tomorrow.