New Visitor
matowest

tv signal keeps freezing and pixilating

Not sure why, but the last few days, our tv has been freezing randomly and pixilating.  After a few seconds, it skips ahead to where it should be had it not froze.  Comcast says there is no issue in my area and phone and internet seem to work ok.

Has anyone every experienced this?

Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: tv signal keeps freezing and pixilating

sounds like a signal issue which should be look at by a technician

New Visitor
nanciewanda

I have been having this problem ever since I first got cable, around 10 years ago! It seems to have gotten worse in the last couple of years.  And I have noticed that since I got the digital transmission set top box and remote that I'm having an additional problem with the sound.  It just cuts in and out constantly.  It makes a clicking noise when the sound goes off and then when it comes back on, as if someone is turning off and on.  It's driving me crazy!!!  Even if it's only off a few seconds, that's an entire news topic, or the ending to the plot of a TV show that I've spent an hour watching.  And yes, it also does that weird freezing and catch-up pixelating, with both sound and picture.

When I did the digital conversion, I needed customer service help.  The rep who helped me kept saying he wanted me to see how great and clear and enhanced my TV would be with digital.  So far, I've noticed nothing like that.  Only problems I never had when I had an old-fashioned antenna on the roof of my house.

New Visitor
Mcner33

I have same issue. New box fixes nothing, replacing actual cable does nothing. I called they said it would cost me to have tech come out.
New Visitor
donleo22

I have 2 DVRs, one set is fine but the other freezes up for a few seconds..this just started yesterday..did anyone ever get a fix on this...seems to pixilate and freeze mainly on abc #187...I'm in Chicago.  Thanks! Don 

Comcast rep was no help...

Contributor
terrydeben

Yes, I have too.  Mostly on a particular channel though.  I chatted with someone at Comcast this a.m. and they had me disconnect cable from splitter and plug directly into the wall cable outlet. That helped for the other channels, but not with the one I've had the most issue with.  I went back to tell the person I was chatting with and she'd left the chat.  Awesome.

New Visitor
allstartech

this is because comcast sucks and there customer service is the worst in the world.

matowest wrote:

Not sure why, but the last few days, our tv has been freezing randomly and pixilating.  After a few seconds, it skips ahead to where it should be had it not froze.  Comcast says there is no issue in my area and phone and internet seem to work ok.

Has anyone every experienced this?

Thanks!

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. We have rewired the entire house, added then removed boosters. Need new cable box about every couple of months. Onpix again tonight no cable - none at all. Going on a year now.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds