New Visitor
pixie09

why is Comcast so expensive

Why is Comcast so expensive?  There are only a handful of good channels, there are hundreds of channels shown but you can't get any of them, andyou pay over 150 month for it. Basic is nothing, extended you don't even get Law & Order reruns and On Demand isn't kept up to date and they have too many commercials.

So what do we do?  Not watch tv?  Satelite?  Why is it that Comcast is constantly raising their prices and we are in the worst recession in years.  Can you give us a slight break knowing that if we got rid of this luxury, you wouldn't even have a job?

Cut prices on the customers that give you jobs.  Show your customers that you appreciate the fact that we don't need you... you need us.

New Visitor
skully725

Re: why is Comcast so expensive

I totally agree with you. My bill just gets higher and higher. it went up 50 that is rediculous. You should be more like cavalier cause if these pricesw dont start going down thats were people will go,. As i am disabiled on a budget income this sucks giving out 150 for cable tv and internet. you can get phone service ,internet service and direct tv with free premium chanels all for 130.00  there

New Visitor
lyndadianne

Why am I paying for so many non English speaking channels. I do not like paying what little money I have for channels I will never ever be watching? There has to be a way to get programs for a mature senior without paying for the drivel of the texting generation. Make the senios pay more than their fair share continues at Comcast - TEMPORARILY ! ! !

Visitor
rdy4challenge

[ Edited ]

Well I can say I use to feel the same way. But then I told myself-"why should I complain?" If I dont like the service then I can get rid of it. If alot of us stop being so quick to grab a good deal and actually read the agreement letter we all signed, then things would not be so bad. So the only person we can be mad at is our self. I pay 180 a month and I probally watch TV 4 hours out of the day. But at least I know I have many channels at my choice. I like comcast and no one made me get the service.....I chose to myself!!!!!!

Regular Contributor
BearHooks

Part of the cost is for upgrading all to Xfinity eventually. I am in Sacramento, and we are pretty much done. What changes? Replacing old wiring with fiber. And fiber is VERY expensive. So many costs involved that limit profits it is amazing.

Once we got finished here I then upgraded to that Premium Triple Pay package. Had to call tech a few times.

Got it all finally working great. So for $220 a month, I feel the price is good. They also upped my speed for my modem.

Contributor
Flybuddy

You should feel lucky. Comcast put the cart before the horse by advertising Xfinity upgrades and most folks not being able to utilize for lack of full digital service to their area. Of course we get to pay the same price as those with the new service and upgraded equipment. Would be nice if they posted WHEN upgrades will be done in specific areas.

Regular Contributor
BearHooks

I can definatly relate. For a long time all we heard here was "Its coming soon". It took awhile, but good things come to those that have patience.

New Visitor

I hate Comcast so bad.. in my area they have 'agreements' w legislatures and can't get satellite.  Forget about 'upgrading' this and that.. when the depression hit.. yes, depression.  First thing many cut was cable.. they went to netflix etc.. so those of left are getting shafted left and right to make up loss profits.  Not only that, but the service is obsolete really.. On Demand sux and the quality/frequency of movies has been deteriorating.. we are paying more and more for less and less.. so they can maintain profits.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Cervantes01 wrote:

I hate Comcast so bad.. in my area they have 'agreements' w legislatures and can't get satellite.  Forget about 'upgrading' this and that.. when the depression hit.. yes, depression.  First thing many cut was cable.. they went to netflix etc.. so those of left are getting shafted left and right to make up loss profits.  Not only that, but the service is obsolete really.. On Demand sux and the quality/frequency of movies has been deteriorating.. we are paying more and more for less and less.. so they can maintain profits.

You do realize this post is 2 years old?  Agreements with "Legislatures"?  Do you mean that your local home owners organization doesn't allow Satellite antennas?  You might get some action by complaining to the FCC (but I doubt it)..

New Visitor

Yes, thank you.. first time on the forum.. didn't realize it was a dead thread until after I posted. >.<

New Visitor
aditzu

I really have no ideea why internet and cable is so expensive.

i decided to do a experiment and look at other provider offers in diferite countries

You may think that living in the UK or USA, being extremely technologically situated countries that we would have some of the fastest internet connections in the world. Well I hate to break it to you, but that couldn’t be further from the truth and some of the countries with the fastest speeds and cheap prices in the world may startle you…

Romania
17.95$  for 1000mbps
or 14.91$  with tv package and phone included at no extra charge with equip included.
these are the final prices with tax.
here is the direct link
 http://www.rcs-rds.ro/internet-digi-net/fiberlink?t=internet-fix&pachet=digi_net_fiberlink_1000

Romanian VAT tax is curentlly at 25 % :smileygrin:

Why Do Some Small Countries Have Faster Internet Connections Than Us?

http://how2discover.com/why-do-some-small-countries-have-faster-internet-connections-than-us/

comcast is a greedy and lazy son of a gun ! its all about infrastructure not greed.

have a look at internet speeds and costs-around the world 

at http://thumbnails.visually.netdna-cdn.com/internet-speeds-and-costs-around-the-world_50290a7186731.j...

this has to change #Comcast ! we are paying 120 bucks for 80 channels and 50 mb ? :smileygrin:))))
bi*tch pls!