Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

xfinitytv for xbox available today

[ Edited ]

If you have an xbox360 now you can watch xfinitytv like content starting today.  This includes HBOGO and and if you have a subscription to MIB that is available also.  It also does not count twords your data cap.  Link to the announcement is below.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/27/xbox-360-comcast-hbo-mlb-tv/

Contributor
edwards1014

Re: xfinitytv for xbox available today

I downloaded the hbo go app for Xbox live today. When activating it xfinity/Comsat is not listed among the participating providers. Also as of today it still has the xfinity app as coming soon. Anyone have any info on this?
New Visitor
Genesyn

Well, they are blocking the HBO GO app on Roku, and I'm hearing from others this is still blocked on Xbox.  Basically, we're paying for a service they're blocking.  I'm getting pretty mad myself, because nowhere does it say you CAN'T use these apps in comcasts help materials.  I contacted support when setting up my Roku box, and they said they are "in talks to provide these wonderful services."  

Basically, CSR speak for we don't care, give us your money.

Visitor
jcallina

I just posted this in help.  It appears the Xbox applications are not available to business internet customers even if they have residential television services.  The residential rep I talked to wanted me to purchase a second residential internet connection going to the same address.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Xbox-access-not-available-for-business-internet-a...

New Visitor
Genesyn

I have residential and they won't let me use it on my Roku.

Contributor
edwards1014

My service is also residential. Its just a little odd that they announced the xfinity app and hbo go available today on Xbox live and neither one of them work for me as an xfinity residential subscriber.
Contributor
edwards1014

Might just switch to satellite because both companies support hbo go on Xbox.
Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Im going to try it when I go home today.