New Visitor
amyrose322
Accepted Solution

your explorer settop is not authorized for use please call....

the screen is blue on my tv and says your explorer settop is not authorized for use please call...

i checked online and it confirms my tvs should be working and the tv in the other room works fine, what can i do to fix this???? please help

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: your explorer settop is not authorized for use please call....

Call into a Comcast support agent and let them look over your account codes to get it all working.

New Visitor
innocentlildevi

what do you do when you have this issue and customer service is not open? my hours do not allow me to call during their hours.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

innocentlildevi wrote:

what do you do when you have this issue and customer service is not open? my hours do not allow me to call during their hours.

You should be able to reach us anytime at 1-800-COMCAST or via Chat. Some options below:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/account/ways-to-get-help/

https://www.comcastsupport.com/ChatEntry/

I've asked that someone on the Comcast South Florida team take a look at your account and contact you directly to help resolve..

New Visitor
Burpdog

Mine says the same thing.  I've been without cable in my family room for a week (since the old boxes were turned off).  Have had a service guy out and the boxes apparently are not working(?)  How long till they are?  Cable is working on the other boxes in the house.  Can I switch them?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Burpdog wrote:

Mine says the same thing.  I've been without cable in my family room for a week (since the old boxes were turned off).  Have had a service guy out and the boxes apparently are not working(?)  How long till they are?  Cable is working on the other boxes in the house.  Can I switch them?

Are you still having this issue? I do see a ticket opened on your account.

New Visitor
TaThomas20

I am having the exact same problem. I just moved and everything was just fine until around 620 am this morning. The only box I have had time to set up is now saying it is not authorized for use. I called the number in the screen, talked to an automated message that resent a signal and still nothing. I called back and it sent me to attempt a live person but a message told me that they are not open and to call back during business hours. I do not have time to do this because I work. I need this resolved immediately and if not I want a credit on my account for this continued interruption that I do not deserve. This has happened to me numerous times in the past and I'm just about sick of it.
Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

TaThomas20 wrote:
I am having the exact same problem. I just moved and everything was just fine until around 620 am this morning. The only box I have had time to set up is now saying it is not authorized for use. I called the number in the screen, talked to an automated message that resent a signal and still nothing. I called back and it sent me to attempt a live person but a message told me that they are not open and to call back during business hours. I do not have time to do this because I work. I need this resolved immediately and if not I want a credit on my account for this continued interruption that I do not deserve. This has happened to me numerous times in the past and I'm just about sick of it.

Apologies for the issue that you described. I have asked that someone from the local Comcast office in Houston to review your account information and to reach out to you directly to help get this situation resolved.

New Visitor
malcolm14

I am having this issue, and have been trying to contact comcast about the issue for over a solid month now.  They keep saying that they see no issues on their end, but they will reset the box and to see if that works.  I have sent their cisco box in and they send me what seems to be the same one back, as it has not resolved the issue.  I do not see a point at being billed for something that i have not been able to use.  I would greatly appreciate any advice to get this situation fixed, because i do like the comcast service and dont want to cancel the acount over one incident(even though its outrageously overdue to be fixed). 

Thank you for your time,

Walt

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

malcolm14:

If it is not the box, then it is a signal issue. Have you had a tech visit?

New Visitor
malcolm14

they said that there is a known issue in the area about the cable portion of the package, but my wife and i are extremely upset that we are forced to pay for something that we can not even use. 

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Have your neighbors been without cable for a month also?

New Visitor
malcolm14

Everyone in my area have been having trouble with their services, not just the cable.  I'm thankfull that i at least have the internet connection as I am doing college online.  The neighbors have issue with their cable internet and phone though.

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Same thing happened on my street. You all have to call and get them out to fix it. Took us a while, but we got it done. Good luck. 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

amyrose322 wrote:

the screen is blue on my tv and says your explorer settop is not authorized for use please call...

i checked online and it confirms my tvs should be working and the tv in the other room works fine, what can i do to fix this???? please help

I heard back from the Comcast Florida team on Saturday and it sounds like you are back in good shape. Thanks for your patience.  

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

TaThomas20 wrote:

TaThomas20, are you still having this issue?  

New Visitor
MemphisMatt

Chat seems to be an EXCELLENT way to get an issue resolved. If you can clearly explain your issue, the "analyst" should be able to resolve any problems that are not hardware problems. I was very pleased with my chat experience, my problem was fixed VERY quickly and completely. Kudos Comcast/Xfinity.